Monday, November 7, 2011

About writing and writer's block

Through my many years of writing, I have found that if you treat it as any other job, a lot more gets done. I work best if I get fully dressed and schedule a block of time, maybe even 9 to 5, with breaks. It helps me stay focused. Because I plan to write a minimum of 2,000 words for each session, I can't allow myself the luxury of "writer's block." So, I just type away, determined to get words down on paper.

That doesn't mean I use all that I type. Later, I revise, and revise, and revise, and polish it all up.

I know this won't work for everybody--different folks have different strokes--but it's just a suggestion that works for me.

5 Published books - 2 soon to be released with MUSA--TIME WILL TELL (Sci-Fi) and TO CATCH A FISH (novel)

No comments:

Post a Comment